Search This Blog

Thursday 14 August 2014

Tai Tai's Week in Review ( in Pictures!)

Hello! Its been some time since I last said hi!
 
Hi! This will be a quick post/ update.
 
There are so many other things that I've been busy with (I can't really justify that the use of the term 'busy'' since i'm supposed to be bua long long now and I think the use of the word 'busy' will incur the wrath of many), ok, distracted by.
 
Here are some of my distractions -
 
Painting
 
My blog entry last left off at lesson 3. I'm actually at lesson 7 now. I've got much catching up to do in terms of blogging about the lessons. But you didn't miss much, since it was mostly on the kpop duck.
 
Here he is :
All he needs is a MCM backpack to complete the KPOP look.
 I found my duck's doppelganger! (left pic)
 
Honestly, it was difficult for me to feel inspired by a duck that looks that way.
After working on this painting for 3 weeks straight, I've now officially developed an irrational fear of porcelain ducks and the colour, purple. 
 
To rescue my fast declining interest in painting, I felt like I needed to paint something else on my own, something classic, timeless and beautiful...
 
 
 
 
Like this..
 
 
Ahh... there is nothing more breath taking then the pristine white snowscape of Planet Hoth.
(P.s. Ignore the weird little rebel soldier. I didn't have the right brush to paint him and he came out off. I intend to paint over him. Yes, He will soon be buried in snow).
 
Interest in painting restored. Phew. 


The battle of hoth painting is for sale by the way. I gotta earn shopping money! If the price is right, I might even throw in the duck for free. Aren't you lucky! 
 
 
Doraemon x Glico JP
 
*quivers in excitement*  I can't wait for the movie.
 
 
In collaboration with the movie, Glico has introduced a series of snacks, which contain awesome AR features. Check it out here.
After reading the article, I've stationed myself at Liang Court Meidi-ya (SG's quintessential Japanese supermarket) every weekend, waiting for the release of these Glico snacks.
And every weekend, I go home disappointed. Disappointed, but with many magazines. There is a Kinokuniya in the same mall, and as a member, I get 10% off magazines. I feel like I need to maximise my membership by taking advantage of the discount everytime I see a Kino. Surely you'd understand. But I digress...
 
Then... I found these special collab snacks at NTUC finest, Bishan. Finest, indeed. You guys rock la...
 
I bought 3. I returned for more the next day and everything was gone. Do we really have that many Doraemon fans here? Hello, If you are not a Doraemon fan and you just want some Collon, can you please go for the regular packaging ones?
 
 
 
There was a lot of drama and tears (mostly me) involved in the downloading of the AR app, which was restricted to the Japanese market. I coerced KW into figuring out a way to download it.
Luckily he came through, and our marriage was saved.
 
 
Hello Tigs, meet Doraemon.
The cat was not very pleased. I was chasing her around the house, holding a paper box next to her that she was not allowed to touch (Note to non-cat owers, cats are obsessed with boxes. Any kind of box. So yes, I was being quite an ass)
 
As you can see, my paltry collection of Glico x Doraemon is unsatisfactory. I need to complete my collection. So, ever since my discovery of these elusive snacks at Bishan, I've been doing grocery shopping at all the NTUC finest outlets in Singapore.
 
KW is still trying to figure our the reason behind the jump in grocery bills from my NTUC Plus supplementary card.
 
I'm not afraid to write this here because he dozes off every time he 'reads' my blog entries at night on his iPad- without fail. Usually, paragraph 1 gets him doze nodding, paragraph 2 induces deep slumber, which in turn causes the iPad to smack his face ( I like to watch this happen). I'm that boring meh? 


I'm bringing them shopping posts back. Ooo boy, and trust me, there will be a lot cause it has been a bountiful GSS. 
 
This screen cap is too cute not to be included.
 
(Story behind this scene - Nobita was going to sit for an exam the next day. In true Nobita style, he did zilch studying, panics and begs Doraemon for help. Doraemon produces these awesome bread slices which allowed the user to copy and remember information from the book, simply by ingesting it.Nobita spent the night cramming info/bread slices. The next morning, just before the test, he lao sai (had diarrhoea) and lost all the information.)
 
Speaking of bread, there was a lot of food in the past couple of weeks.
 
Cafes
 

Beautiful brioche from One Man Coffee. Mmmm.. Check out the oozing cheese and egg. 

Waffles, which all the youngsters are so obsessed about. The food love demonstrated for this dish is just too much. The last food item that received that much love was probably truffle fries.



Gorgeous mentaiko pasta with onsen egg. ok, fine. If you are wondering why this dish doesn't look up to standard, it's cause it's from me. But trust me, the taste is heavenly. Recipe in another post!! 


Camera
 
Speaking of food. You might remember me whining about taking pictures of inferior quality with my iPhone. I decided to take action and go camera researching. I got carried away man. 


I went to funan mall, but soon realised that not many retailers understood my needs- like the importance of wifi upload. They keep harping about the sensor size and how great it was to have the flexibility of setting every single function manually -- errr the latter is not what I deem as a plus point. I took my research online. Now, I can confidently advise anyone who wants the best value for money entry level mirrorless camera.


I ended up with the Fujifilm XM1. I'm still playing with it though. For some reason, I can get the autofocus to be err.., auto. 
 

This photos from this camera are quite decent, so I'd encourage beginners to give it a go. And err... Not be put off by their strange brochure (below), which was probably google translated from Japanese. 


Come on man, your camera is targeted at "women who want a high class camera"? Really? 
(Ok, even if it's true, I don't think it's something that you should shout about In your brochure). 

Ending off, I really want to talk about how awesome guardians of the galaxy was. But I think I will leave it for the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment