Search This Blog

Thursday 14 August 2014

Under appreciated body parts

So. I've got a couple of hours to burn before an evening course that I'm attending. I've got nothing to do. Why am I not shopping you ask? Cause I'm sick of shopping , that's why. .


Ahahahhahaha. 
That's a good one. 

No la, there is a little truth in that. I've had a rewarding GSS, annnnnnd I'm going italy next week. (Woot! Woot!) so I need to take a break and be a bit more prudent with my spending. So here I am sitting in a Starbucks in town, milking their free wifi, like some secondary school student (secondary school, because by the time they hit college, they can afford to upgrade to the hipster coffee joint next door). I feel my age at this place.While the kiddos are ordering double shot hazelnut lattes with extra whipped cream, I'm asking for a hot beverage with no caffeine. It's 6pm, I'm old, no caffeine after 12noon for me or it will be a sleepless night.

It's fun to sit here and people watch. In fact, one of my newfound hobbies ever since I've embarked on my break is to eat alone and either people watch or eavesdrop. Oh, you won't believe the gems I've come across. It's much better entertainment than movies sometimes, especially since they are playing Michael bay crap  in the cinemas now. 

At this point in time, the table of 3 boys in their late teens are discussing about their night out last Friday. 
Bro 1- "bro, y u no ask for her number, bro? No balls la, u... 不要怕,要敢敢” . 
Bro 2-"oi.我不是没人要ok" 
Ahhh, smells like teen spirit. 

Oh yes, but back to the title of the post. Yes, so, this particular Starbucks is located next to a gym, so you get the occasionally gym bunny/hunk slipping in to grab a cuppa. This particular Ang mo lady with short running shorts just came by, and boy, I've got a serious case of leg envy. To be specific, thigh envy.
You know, when you are a runner and you've got muscular thighs, and there is this specific line/definition that runs down each of your thigh.
 

Here, I've googled for female running mannequin (the second most popular search suggested for me was, female circumcision, *eeps) . Therrree... Can you see it? Can you?? (I'm blogging on the go, so I can't attach a red arrow to point it out for you)
I don't know if that has a name, ok for ease of reference, let's name it, thigh line for now.


(I think the person next to me saw me googling for mannequins. She will most probably think tht I've got some sick fetish going on. maybe she's blogging about this right now, "dear diary... Today at Starbucks..." 

Everytime before I leave a nike store, I stroke the much envied thigh line on the mannequin and sigh. Kw usually distances himself from me when I do this. 

I'm not the most athletically inclined person, I was the chubby kid who cldnt pass her 2.4km running test back In school. Thankfully, I've since lost some weight (not as much as I'd like) but a new problem *gasp* cellulite, has surfaced (pun not intended) with age. It's super annoying. I'm very conscious of my dimply thighs and have hit the gym to try lessen the problem. 
Sigh, thigh lines are very unattainable and very desirable to me right now. 

That got me thinking to other lesser known body parts, the ones you've never noticed. But once you do, you're like..
Oh yeah... That's nice. Very nice.

The guy's version of the thigh line/under appreciated body part, is probably the drains.
Wtf are drains?? Well, thanks to an ex-colleague who came in one morning and shared with his team mates (a team of innocent girls) about this revolutionary body part. The whole team then spent the whole afternoon googling and sharing pictures of celebs with the best drains. I think the top ten list is still sitting somewhere in the recesses of the company's network
 

P.s. - I've googled Ryan gosling topless for my example of drains for you guys, but my eyes my eyes!!! Let's just say there are a lot of creative RG photoshopping out there  that is NSFW. Don't google it!!! Noo.. See? What did I tell ya. 
Ok, girl next to me just left, she must have caught a glimpse of my iPad screen and freaked out. 
 
 
Adam Levine has solid drains. In case, you haven't figured out what part that is, it's the lines ard the pelvic area. And this pic is also a bit NSFW. But it's the one that I quickly grabbed off google images amongst all the photoshopped ones
(Update - I came home, logged in to my computer and cropped this pic to make it more PG).
 
(Update- In the privacy of my own home, I am also able to google for Ryan Gosling (this time I wisely omitted the word 'topless'. And for the very first time, I realised that RG, in all his perfection, does NOT have defined drains. ohh.... that's a shocker. It really is. RG not so perfect after all.)
 

Ok this abruptly concludes my post. I was going to cover toe cleavage, but it's time for my course. Ta ta! 

No comments:

Post a Comment